Policies & Procedures
Defined policies ensure that everyone has a clear understanding of the rules governing employment practices, rights, obligations and workplace safety.
Records & Documentation
Solid documentation is a mandatory health & safety compliance requirement and an important legal protection: in fact, it’s part of your organization’s Internal Responsibility System under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
From an HR perspective, employment contracts and the documentation of progressive discipline and employee terminations provides employers with important legal protections. Sometimes in an employment relationship the unexpected happens, and “he said – she said” is never an effective defence. In most cases, the best documentation wins.
We help with critical documentation covering all phases of the employment lifecycle to protect organizations from exposure to legal consequences.
Services we offer:
- Employment Contracts
- Discipline Letters
- Termination Letters
- Reference Letters
- Confidentiality and Non-Compete Agreements
- Health and Safety Inspection Records
Human resource and health & safety policies reflect an organization’s standards, practices and expectations. Defined policies provide managers and employees with a clear understanding of the rules governing employment practices, rights, obligations and workplace safety.
In law, an employer can be held liable for bad or unsafe behaviour in the workplace, especially where it affects others.
Having clear written policies which are effectively communicated and available to all employees is a critical safeguard against liability and an important tool for employees to understand expectations for performance and behaviour and the consequences for violations.
Services we offer:
- Comprehensive policies that reflect fair and consistent processes
- Detailed policies and best practices designed to meet legislative requirements and define employment standards and expectations
- Industry specific policies defining and documenting the rules and procedures in place to promote workplace health and safety
Contact us for more information:
HR Documentation Expertise
- Alcohol & Substance Abuse
- Code of Ethics
- Compensation and Benefits
- Dress Code
- Employee Conduct
- Health and Safety
- Hours of Work and Overtime
- Human Rights
- Internet and Computer Use
- Internal Job Postings
- Leaves of Absence
- Jury/Witness Duty
- Mission Statement
- Outside Employment
- Performance Reviews
- Personal Cell Phone Use
- Personal Days
- Personnel Records
- Pregnancy/Parental Leave
- Probationary Period
- Progressive Discipline
- Recruitment, Selection and Hiring
- Resignation and Retirement
- Respect in the Workplace
- Rewards and Recognition
- Sexual Harassment
- Sick Days
- Smoking in the Workplace
- Social Media Use
- Telephone Etiquette
- Temporary Layoffs
- Vacation Entitlement
- Vacation Pay
- Workplace Discrimination
Health & Safety Expertise
- Accident/Incident Investigation
- Early and Safe Return to Work
- Emergency Preparedness
- Employer Responsibilities
- Fire Safety
- First Aid Training
- First Aid Kit Inspection Checklist
- Health & Safety Policy
- Health & Safety Committee
- Injury Reporting
- Job Hazard Reporting
- Job Hazard Analysis
- Non-Occupational Accommodation
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safety Concern Report
- Supervisor Responsibilities
- Workplace Accommodation
- Workplace Violence and Harassment
- Worker Responsibilities
- Work Refusal
- Work Refusal Process Flow Chart
- Work Refusal Investigation
- Workplace Inspection
- Workplace Inspection Record
““As a small business owner the BBCi has provided LinerWerx with the professional expertise and support needed in the ever challenging area of Human Resources. Their ability to understand my business, its needs and my limitations has produced results that I could not have achieved alone. I’m always appreciative of their help and insight.”
Owner, Linerwerx Inc.
Why should you work with BBCi?
- We tell it like it is. We assess,
analyze and report the facts, make practical recommendations for improvement, and provide the tools and support to get it done.
- We provide on-site, hands-on support whenever you need us.
Save Time & Money
- We provide executive-level HR support at a fraction of the cost of maintaining a full time Human Resources department.
- We free you up from the time-consuming needs of HR management so you can focus on what you do best.
Decades of Experience
- We are HR generalists with extensive, broad-based experience in many different industries.
- We specialize in working with small- and medium- sized business owners.
Moving your employees from Entitled to Engaged
Engaged employees feel their work is more than simply a job. To move a company’s culture from entitled to engaged often demands a holistic change in attitude, strategy and structure. Employees care about their company when they themselves are cared about and looked after.
In this guide, we show you the eight things your workplace needs in order to have an engaged and productive company culture.